HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

My First Time


Today I went to buy new running shoes as I believe my shoes are wearing out. Might not be the case as I was told I should get 400-500 miles out of them. I'm guessing 250 miles would be generous, but they feel like I need new shoes. Anyway, it got me to thinking about the first time I bought shoes at Fleet Feet. Even though I ran cross country and track in high school, I never knew shoes should be fit based on the person. My knees naturally go either inside or outside, I forget. But ever since I got "diagnosed" and wear appropriate fitting shoes, I have had no major issues. Whereas in the past I had shin splits frequency, now my only pain is a signal that I need new shoes. It might seem like a minor thing but it has a major effect on my life, in its own weird way.

I've always had a novel idea about combining a bunch of short stories that were seemingly disjointed and out of order. I have expanded this many times with different ideas. But the one constant has been incorporating the big events in the protagonists life with the seemingly inconsequential ( not surprisingly many iterations involve his life flashing before his eyes). A new idea would be to restrict all short stories to the first something. Though I may just be making it needlessly complicated with too many rules. But I digress. But if I was doing my life, the first time I went to Fleet Feet would be in my story...though I'd need to add some villains and a love interest and maybe a cartoon sidekick (I think MC Skat Cat would be available).

Tags:

Tom G Life Is Crap running shoes Fleet+Feet novel idea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)