HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Receipts

"I brought a donut and the guy gave me a recieipt for the donut. I don't need a receipt for the donut, I give you the money, you give me the donut, end of transaction. We do not need to bring ink and paper into this. I can not imagine the senerio where I would have to prove that I broughrt a donut. Some skeptical friend. Don't even act like I didn't get that donut. I got the documentation right here."
- Mitch Hedberg

I don't get receipts. Or better yet, our insistence on receiving receipts for every little transaction. I believe we should start instituting the common sense rule that if a transaction is below some level, you have to ask to receive a receipt. Of course some exceptions will have to be made for purchases with things that break or might be wrong, such as DVDs or CDs. But the general principle holds true. Do I really need a receipt for my Grande White Chocolate Moccha I purchase at Starbucks? Even for business expenses, there is no need for a receipt below a certain dollar amount. Seems like you should have to ask for a receipt at places like Starbucks or McDonald's or the such. Maybe you include the receipt for drive-through. But even then we can take people's word.

I'm a big believer in making minor changes that cause little disruption but over time could make a huge difference. Seems like the elimination of receipt could help with trash/environmental issues with very little if any impact on our lives. Then again, maybe I'm just a weirdo.

Tags:

Tom G receipt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)