HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Godspeed You Black Emperor


It's funny that maybe the most political band of the last 10 years is an instrumental band. But that is what makes Godspeed You Black Emperor so special. I remember seeing them at St Andrew's Hall in Detroit over Thanksgiving after 9/11 and just being blown away. Such power and energy and just total annihilation. Without any words, they managed to convey so much. It was exactly what I needed at that moment. For I took hope out of that performance, which is weird considering I never had that emotion before from their music. Guess it could have been more me than the music but I hope not. To this day I consider that one of the best concerts of my life and definitely one of the greatest experiences of my life.

I know there is always the possibility of Godspeed reforming but for right now we are left with a handful of CDs. If Godspeed ever plays another show I will be there is a second. I know the band members continue with other bands but there was something magical about Godspeed. Guess this weekend is all about nostalgia but I really want to relive the Godspeed experience. Since I can't I thought I would share a song from them. ENJOY!

BTW, I think a part of this song is used in Danny Boyle's "28 Days Later", which is cool considering how protective Godspeed are with their music.



Tags:

*music*indie*punk*political*instrumental*Godspeed You Black Emperor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)