HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Guilty Pleasure


Last night I got into a discussion around guilty pleasures for music. It was actually a pretty lame conversation, as the other guy mentioned The Beach Boys (who doesn't like The Beach Boys?). However, the only thing I could think of was The Screaming Trees. And I would not really classify them as a guilty pleasure, as I think there's nothing weird with liking them. But since they generally fall under one hit wonder status, people apparently think differently. I did get a laugh when I mentioned them. But I will defend them. They were a really good band. And incredible live - Lanegan should have been a superstar! And I still listen to them occasionally. In fact, I'm excited about The Gutter Twins - collaboration between Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees) and Greg Dulli (Afghan Whigs/Twilight Singers). So if they really are a guilty pleasure well then maybe I'm just living too much in my youth. And I'm proud to say I listen to The Screaming Trees.





Tags:

*music*indie *punk *grunge*guilty pleasure*Screaming Trees *Gutter Twins*Mark Lanegan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)