HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Worst Sports Franchise?

I'm sure you could make a claim for others, but it's hard out here for a pimp, I mean, a Lions fan. I'm experienced years of futility. And if you take away the Barry Sanders years, they have 3 playoff seasons. 3!!! That's unbelievably bad! Adding in the Barry Sanders years doesn't make them good - it just means they had a stretch of above averageness which resulted in defeat every year. There was no Super Bowl for them.

I could probably make a compelling argument for the Lions as the worst sports franchise of my lifetime. No Super Bowls. Handful of winning seasons. Awful coaches. Awful players. Yet up until the past few years I would watch them whenever I had the chance. Why? Am I insane? Do I like to be punished?

Below is a handful of the coaches and quarterbacks I've endured through my lifetime:

Coaches
Darryl Rogers
Monty Clark
Wayne Fontes (sadly, the most success)
Marty Morningweig
Steve Mariucci (game plan has no pass play longer than 5 yards)

QBs
Eric Hipple
Gary Danielson
Rusty Hilger
Chuck Long
Andre Ware
Rodney Peete
Eric Kramer (the best!)
Scott Mitchell
Stoney Case
Jon Kitna
Joey Harrington
Mike McMahon

Why do we, as sports fans, continue to supports teams with such a history of failure? For as much as I would like to, I can not stop rooting for the Lions.

BTW, here is a list of potentially worst sports franchises in the past 31 years:
  • Atlanta Hawks
  • LA Clippers
  • Cardinals (whether Arizona or St Louis)

Is that it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)