HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Arrested Development


What may have been the greatest comedy ever might never have found an audience but they were also able to get some love from the critics. Today "Arrested Development" was nominated for an Emmy for best comedic series. In addition, Will Arnett was nominated for best supporting actor in a comedic series.

While I need some time to pass, it's likely that Arnett's character GOB will join my list of funniest supporting sitcom characters of all time. Right now I have "Hey Now" Hank Kingsley (Jeffrey Tambor from "The Larry Sanders Show") just barely losing out to George Costanza. But I can definitely see George Michael and GOB joining those two in my top 5.

I really hope "Arrested Development" and Will Arnett win. At the very least, I hope that brainless "Two and a Half Men" doesn't win. "AD" was so consistently hilarious and just so incredibly sophisticated. Everytime I watch the show I pick up something new that is so hilarious. How Jessica Walters did not get nominated for her role as Lucille is beyond me. And the episode "Save the Bluths" may be my favorite sitcom episode ever (though the "Curb Your Enthusiasm" with Crazy Eyes Killer is awfully tough to beat).

Tags: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

1 Comments:

Blogger Darth said...

oh michael, i'm your older brother, nothing you do could ever impress me.

GOB ROCKS

7/06/2006 05:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)