HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Retirement: Questions that need answering....

By the time my generation retires, the retirement age will be 70 or higher. This raises some serious questions regarding how to plan for the future.

  • How much money do I need to save in my 401K in order to comfortably watch game shows and complain about young people from an easy chair?
  • What kind of health will I be in when I'm 70?
  • Will the US be taken over by China?
  • Will the money in my 401K be useless if China takes us over?
  • Will I smell old?
  • How much ear and nose hair will I have? Thick forest? Minor?
  • Will my wife have a moustache?
  • Will I have a hairy back? Can I use it as part of my comb-over?
  • What kind of grandpa would I be? Mean-spirited? Sadistic? Jolly? Aloof? Absent minded? Smelly? Dirty? Irresponsible? Disgraceful? Combination?
  • What happens if I never retire?

2 Comments:

Blogger Tessa said...

Your musings on retirement leave me neurotic.

My generation will not be able to partake in social security benefits. This makes me obsess about not being able to save enough money and a therefore becoming bag lady wearing a dirty crochet hat scrounged from the garbage, who wanders the streets subsisting on ketchup packets and government cheese.

The horror.

The run on sentence.

2/15/2006 02:15:00 PM  
Blogger Mike K said...

The sad truth is that the people in DC do not represent us. They only care about themselves. We are kept too busy to do anything about it. Who has time to protest everything that this government does? Even if we did have the time, the majority of us are too lazy to anything about it. Sigh.

2/16/2006 04:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)