HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Axl Rose to Iraq: I Don't Need Your Civil War

Why won't the citizens of Iraq listen to Axl's desperate pleas? Don't they know that he will release the Chinese Democracy album in retaliation if civil war breaks out? And we all know that is going to suck without Slash, Duff, Izzy, and that other guy. Iraq if you love classic Guns and Roses, please for the love of God… Stop. Make peace now. Now is not the time to be selfish, there is a one time super group whose legacy is at stake. I know you remember a time when the whole western world was grooving to "Sweet Child of Mine" and "Welcome to the Jungle." You probably even shed some tears when "November Rain" came on the airwaves. The USA gave you the freedom to own GNR on multiple formats and you are going to throw that away? I just don't understand! Think about President Bush and his legacy. Do you really believe he wants to be remembered as the president who ushered in a new generation of sub-standard Guns and Roses tunes? Just stop already. It's not cool.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stealth said...

You make me smile with your posts. :-)

2/28/2006 03:47:00 PM  
Blogger Tom G said...

Nice post Mike. And the other guy was Steven Adler, who was funnily enough too druggy to stay in the band. And Appetite may have more cowbell in the CD than any other one ever recorded.

Regardless, you have me whistling in my head the opening of "Civil War".

2/28/2006 05:23:00 PM  
Blogger Mike K said...

Thanks Melanaise. I checked out your blog too. It was good dark stuff.

3/01/2006 09:45:00 AM  
Blogger Stealth said...

May I please put a link to your blog on mine? My shite isn't dark....

3/01/2006 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Mike K said...

That would rock. Thanks. Hmmm.. Perhaps "dark" wasn't the best word. I admit that my grammar suffers sometimes due to the soul sucking nature of my job. Do you care if we link back to you?

3/01/2006 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger Stealth said...

Sure you can link to me...soul sucking nature of your job?
haha...that's what she said. (sorry, that joke is still funny to me)
Email me.

3/01/2006 01:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)