HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Friday, March 24, 2006

Jim Varney: Knowhutimean?

It’s hard to believe I live in a world without chain smoking Jim Varney, the creator of the loveable Earnest P Worrel character. I’m sure Vern, whoever he is, misses him too. Although I only saw Earnest Goes to Camp, it is not hard to imagine that Earnest in the Army, Earnest Goes to Africa, Earnest Goes to School, Earnest Rides Again, Earnest Scared Stupid, Earnest Goes to Jail, Earnest Goes to Splash Mountain, Earnest Saves Christmas, Hey Vern It’s Earnest, The Earnest Film Festival were not all Oscar quality films. It’s a poetic and a shame that he died making “Earnest Goes to Hell," which many in Hollywood anticipated would be his crowning achievement. Earnest, we miss you.

Tags and Links:
* * * * * * * * *
* * *

2 Comments:

Blogger Stealth said...

drinks to that.

3/24/2006 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger Tom G said...

After Friday the 13th and Police Academy movies I may have to watch all the Earnest movies. Or I could just kill myself.

For some reason I watched Earnest Saves Christmas recently. Basically, it was on WGN some weekend afternoon and I fell asleep with it on. From what I remember, it was truly and amazingly awful. Now when is that Where's the Beef? movie coming?

3/24/2006 01:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)