HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Friends For Life

Had an idea for the show "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and will probably write a spec script for it. Will mention more if I ever get around to writing it. But it did make me realize something that's either cool or creepy depending on your POV.

Given the technology of the Internet and cell phones, we have expanded our circle of friends dramatically. I graduated from college at the beginning of email and the Internet. I never had a cell phone until I graduated from college. So over time I lost touch with most of my college friends. It was quite easy to do as people moved and it was hard to find time to call. Now, with text messaging and email, I am actually pretty good at keeping in touch with people. Just last night I had a conversation with Matt watching the Cubs game, even though Matt was in Seattle.

It's just odd to think about the number of friends high school kids and younger will have when they are my age. Add in things like MySpace, Facebook, Internet dating, etc. we are becoming overwhelmed with friends. But I mean this in a good way. Kinda cool concept actually. I can see myself at 60 still friends with people I am friends with right now. At least in the sense of email. Technology rocks!

Tags:

technology cell phone email text message friends

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)