HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Next David Carr?


As a disclaimer, I have a terrible track record with predicting the professional fortunes of college quarterbacks. After all, I thought Ryan Leaf would be better than Peyton Manning. So yes, I am an idiot. Then again, I'm about 50/50 which puts me in the same company as all the experts, including Mel Kiper. So I thought I would weigh in on this year's #1 QB, Boston College's Matt Ryan.

I watched Matt Ryan play in a handful of games this year and will admit he has a strong arm. But for some reason I can't shake the feeling that he'll be another David Carr. Meaning that he'll be a starting QB on a bad team who never really lives up to his potential yet isn't quite considered a bust. If it were me, I would hold off on taking any of these QBs in the first couple rounds. As a Michigan man, I've seen a lot of Chad Henne. And yeah, he has a huge arm and can make all the throws. But he's very inconsistent and always seem to do just enough to lose a game for you. He's a good backup, which is too high for a 1st or 2nd rounder.

Tags:

*sports*college *football *NFL *QB*draft*Matt Ryan*David Carr*Chad Henne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)