HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Black Steel In The Hour of Chaos


Pitchfork 2008 Festival, taking place in Union Park in Chicago from July 18-July 20, now has tickets available. While the announced lineup is still small, it is already a must see event. For Public Enemy will be playing Friday night as part of the Don't Look Back series.

This means Public Enemy will be playing their classic "It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back" in its entirety. Personally I am a big fan of this, though maybe not for the reason you would think. In most cases, I could care less if I heard an album in its entirety. I probably already own the album and could do it myself. However, most of these events featured established artists who have released many albums. It may have been decades since the CD in question was released. Generally this means you may hear a handful of songs off the classic CD if they saw them live. I remember seeing Frank Black at The Double Door a couple years before The Pixies reunion. I'll admit being vaguely disappointed as he maybe played 3 Pixies songs. But that's what is to be expected.

Which is exactly why I am excited about this event. I will be there singing away to every song, including the hideous metalish "Channel Zero", which sounds so dated these days. But it's important to remember and revisit the power that was "It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back". And I'll be there singing...I got a letter from the government the other day / I opened and read it / It said we were suckas...



Tags:

*Pitchfork*Chicago*music *festival*indie*punk*hip hop*It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)