HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Belle & Sebastian


I remember when Belle & Sebastian where some secretive new band on the eve of their first US tour. To that point they had released "If You're Feeling Sinister" to critical acclaim. Yet they kept a very low profile with grainy or far away pictures, if any pictures existed. They played The Metro in Chicago. And while I was intrigued I had yet to hear them, this being before it was so easy to download songs off the Internet or find a MySpace page. Try as I might, I could not get anyone to go to the concert with me. Which is kinda a shame, since they have turned out to be such a great band.

It's hard for me to separate "If You're Feeling Sinister" from "The Boy With the Arab Strap". But it's with these 2 albums that I came to know and love Belle & Sebastian. And over the last 2 weeks I have been grooving to them and realizing not only how great they are but also how nicely those 2 CDs hold up. Highly recommended, for whatever that's worth.



Tags:

*Belle & Sebastian*music *pop *indie *punk*If Youre Feeling Sinister*The Boy With The Arab Strap

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)