HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Weekly Project #1


Tomorrow I start the first of what I am calling my Weekly Project. At this point Monthly Project may be a more appropriate title but there's no need to get hung up on names. Basically, every month I try something new or force myself to change my behavior in a way. The idea is to change myself for the better. In some cases, I will do something over the course of a month. In other cases, I will do something for a week straight. And in some cases, I may be extreme in my choice for what the change in behavior I am seeking. And yes, I realize the debt I owe Morgan Spurlock for the idea.

So the first month involves not watching TV for a week. I have decided to give myself a little leeway though. I can occasionally watch a movie. But it needs to be a conscious choice where I sit down and watch from beginning to end. And it's really meant to be the exception rather than the norm. I just have some NetFlix movies I want to watch and that is completely separate from what I am trying to accomplish. I have no problem with actively watching TV. Rather, it's the passive TV watching and the corresponding distraction I am trying to change. So I may watch a movie or two, but I've decided I can not watch any TV show episodes on DVD - too close to being a time wasting exercise.

It will be interesting to see if I become more productive, in so many ways. Do I get more accomplished after work, ie, running errands? Does music just fill the void left by the lack of TV? Do I write more (blog or other projects)? Do I read more? Clean more? Will be interesting to see what happens. I always feel like there's never enough time. Does removing TV make that less of an issue?

Will keep you posted throughout the week.

Tags:

*Tom G*Weekly Project *TV*Life Is Crap

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)