HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Monday, February 04, 2008

Super Tuesday


If you are one of our regular readers you already know this but I am a dork. And I'm a dork who likes politics and feels passionately about it. But as cynical as I may get about our system of government, I still get excited about voting. Since Illinois has its primary scheduled tomorrow as Super Tuesday, that means I get to vote tomorrow. And though my vote is fairly meaningless in the big scheme of things, its something I hold dear. Just imagine what would happen if close to 100% of US citizens actually voted. Do you think maybe the interests of citizens might be weighed a little more heavily against corporate interests than they currently are?

More to follow on who I am voting for. But I must say the Democratic field has been particularly strong and each candidate would make a good president.

Tags:

*politics*vote *election *president *Democrat*Illinois*primary *Super Tuesday*Tom G

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have never missed an election since I became old enough to vote. I used to get excited about the process, but now that I am old and cynical..I don't get that feeling anymore.

I wish it was mandatory to vote for our citizens.

2/05/2008 01:15:00 PM  
Blogger Tom G said...

If not mandatory, it should definitely be easier...then again, it took 5 minutes for me this morning. I think that's a hurdle I could overcome.

2/05/2008 10:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)