HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Perfect Album

As I was driving home today listening to "Crooked Rain Crooked Rain" by Pavement I had a thought about maybe undertaking a new series. It would be somewhat in line with a dessert island list and I would call it A Perfect Album. Basically, it focuses on albums that hold a special meaning to me for one reason or another. It's kinda like my post on "In The Aeroplane Over the Sea", only not so dorky. The reason I refer to it as A Perfect Album is that for one reason or another I would argue that the album is perfect. "Crooked Rain Crooked Rain" would most likely be on that list. Below are some other initial thoughts I have. Potentially more to come, as I work through all the details.

"Funhouse" - The Stooges
"Blonde On Blonde" - Dylan
"The Soft Bulletin" - The Flaming Lips
"It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back" - Public Enemy
"OK Computer" - Radiohead
"Moon & Antarctica" - Modest Mouse
"Daydream Nation" - Sonic Youth
"Entertainment!" - Gang of Four
"Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" - Wilco



Tags:

*music*indie *punk*Pavement *Crooked Rain Crooked Rain*Tom G *A Perfect Album

2 Comments:

Blogger izzepa said...

Blonde on Blonde over Blood on the Tracks??? I know that Blonde on Blonde gets all of the critical acclaim and Dylan's hair on the album cover can't be beat, but can you really listen to Rainy Day Women or Just Like a Woman again? Now, I can listen to Tangled up in Blue and Idiot Wind over and over on a cross country drive. Maybe it is too mellow (what more would you expect from 1975).
mvanfleet

3/03/2008 11:56:00 PM  
Blogger Tom G said...

Blood on the Tracks is good. The reason I say Blonde on Blonde is because that CD was my introduction to Dylan. I mean, I obviously knew Dylan but only in the listen on the radio or in movies. A few years ago I picked up Blonde On Blonde and realized why Dylan is so great. It's actually funny but Blood on the Tracks was the second CD by Dylan I owned.

3/04/2008 09:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)