HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Uncle Tupelo


Before Wilco and Son Volt, Jeff and Jay were in the influential band Uncel Tupelo. And while Jeff has achieved much more success with Wilco then Jay, they have both been very successful. I will always have a special spot in my heart for Uncle Tupelo. They were very influential, as evidenced by the cration of the No Depression movement named after their first album. And while Jay was the main songwriter, "Screen Door" a Jeff song may be my favorite Uncle Tupelo song.



So today as I begin to work on some things I've decided to listen to Uncle Tupelo. They were truly outstanding and I hope if you have yet to hear them you give them a chance. For my money, "Still Feel Gone" is their best CD. But all CDs are loaded with exceptional songs. Give them all a chance.



Tags:

*music*indie*punk*country*Belleville*Chicago*Uncle Tupelo*No Depression*Still Feel Gone *Screen Door *Jeff Tweedy *Jay Farrar *Son Volt*Wilco*Chickamaunga

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)