HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Gruff Rhys


Gruff Rhys, lead singer of The Super Furry Animals, is playing a show at Schubas tonight. Not sure why I'm not going, as I'm a pretty big fan of SFA. And Schubas is a much smaller place the typical venues they play. Guess it's a commentary on my old age. Or maybe I just had a long week of work and needed a rest. Actually, I do think it's the later.

Hearing some of his solo stuff, I'm kinda bummed I'm not there. Below is a song from "Candylion":



I do recommend checking out SFA or Gruff Rhys' solo stuff. Early SFA was much more aggressive and punky while later stuff is more poppy. I like both, though must admit the early stuff holds a special place in my heart.

Here's a cool video they made for "Lazer Beam". Give it a listen if so inclined:



Tags:

*music*indie *punk *Chicago *concert*Schubas*Gruff Rhys*Candylion*Super Furry Animals *Lazer Beam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)