HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Friday, February 09, 2007

Iggy Stooge

For the longest time I just thought Iggy Pop was the weird old guy who went everywhere without a shirt. I didn't get why I should care about him. Or why other people did. Then I heard "Funhouse" and I became a believer. Definitely one of my 5 favorite CDs ever, "Funhouse" is primal and punk and ...well, just listen to it. The Stooges are one of the greatest bands ever and it's a shame they will probably never get into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. Well, shame is not quite the right word. It's a shame that glammed up Stooges wannabes The New York Dolls will probably get recognized first. All they did was ape The Stooges while dressing in drag. While The Stooges were legitimately scary, The New York Dolls were comical.

Anyway, I saw Iggy live over 10 years ago. Really it was just to see him so I could say I did. I wasn't expecting much. And to be honest his new stuff was pretty bad. But whenever he played a Stooges song or a good solo song it was great. The guy had so much energy. Here you have a 50 year old guy (yes, shirt off) jumping repeatedly into the crowd and doing some of the other things he was noted for 30 years earlier. Sadly, he did not roll around in peanut butter and glass.

So now you'll have the chance to see Iggy and a reunited Stooges. I'm pretty sure the CD will suck but I will buy it the day it's released. Below are some days:

03-08 Crans-Montana, Switzerland - Caprices Festival
03-17 Austin, TX - SXSW
04-07 Boston, MA - Orpheum
04-09 New York, NY - United Palace
04-13 Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre
04-17 Denver, CO - Fillmore Auditorium
04-19 San Francisco, CA - The Warfield
04-27 Seattle, WA - WaMu Theater at Qwest Field Events
07-21 Tromsø, Norway - Bukta - Tromsø Open Air Festival

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)