HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Friday, January 19, 2007

What's in a Risk?

The crapateers got me thinking... What would provoke every day people into doing something life threatening for a prize? This is in relation to the Jennifer Strange story; the woman who tried to win a Nintendo Wii by holding her wee, and ended up perishing from water intoxication.

Is there is a sadistic streak that manifests itself in different ways? In other words... Do we need an occasional adrenaline rush to make life worth living? Or.. Are we simply oblivious to our mortality?

The answer which might be a combination of both is an extremely interesting reflection on our society and our role in it. It also addresses whether or not life is boring or if we simply lack foresight.

Tags:
* * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * *
* * * * * *
*

3 Comments:

Blogger BeckEye said...

I'm much too lazy to be provoked into doing crazy things for prizes. Just give it to me or leave me alone.

1/20/2007 05:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corey Haim will return with a vengence if you don't keep ribbing him.

They turned on the Universal Groove web site and are trying to make the boy famous again. Don't let them.

Go to http://www.universalgroovemovie.com and boycott the film!

I want more articles about trashing Corey Haim.

Can I have a prize now?

1/22/2007 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger Mike K said...

Most likely I will have to boycott the film simply because it is not showing up on Netflix. What can I say... I'm freaking poor.

But I would not mind see the sucker making a come back only if he is good as he was in Lucas. Great movie except for the sound track, and cheese factor.

But alas... I will give in and write up some Corey piece. I'm sad to say we can't offer any prizes, but we will give you a shout out.

1/22/2007 05:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)