HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Straight Outta Compton

Lately I've been listening to a lot of rap made when I was in HS. It has surprisingly held up well and at some point I'll probably write about that. But one thing struck me as I was listening to Ice Cube's very strong CD "Death Certificate". At one point, Ice Cube and Ice-T and other rappers were the targets of many groups because of their confrontational and "controversial" lyrics. Nowadays, they are in our theaters and HHs and we aren't outraged at all. Not that we should, since in general their rhetoric is less incendiary or controversial.

I don't know what this means so much as I'm pointing out an observation. It's weird to think my mom watches Ice-T every week when 10+ years ago she was outraged that "Cop Killer" was made.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom G said...

Get a life

1/24/2007 09:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)