HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Da Bears

Bear down, Chicago Bears!

As a disclaimer, I grew up and am unfortunately still a Detroit Lions fans. However, I've lived in Chicago for 9 years now so I don't feel so bad calling myself a Bears fans. Try as I might to fight it, I'm excited the Bears are playing in the Super Bowl. I LOVED the '85 Bears (the Lions were almost unwatchable those years). And it's hard not to get swept up in the excitement. Chicago is definitely a football town. It's a little crazy but in a good way. So if time allows, get ready for some posting on the Bears. For now, let's just reflect on a NFC Championship season. I never would have thought a team with "Sexy Rexy" at QB would be in the Super Bowl. So I guess anything is possible. I also never thought Goofy would ever make it to a Super Bowl and now he has.

The weird thing is that I almost feel more comfortable with "Sexy Rexy" as my QB than Goofy. I said almost!!! But Chicago has the much better defense and if they can get a pass rush on Goofy, watch him throw the ball over the field. And if there's one thing I've learned over the past 5 years - either the Bears are the luckiest team ever (sustained luck, that is) or very very talented at creating turnovers. There's too much history for me to ignore the latter. I'm thinking Goofy is wearing a hat in the 4th team as he struggles to understand how he let another one slip away.

Todays Prediction: Da Bears 37 Horse 14

Superfan Prediction: Urlacher 73 Entire State of Delaware -21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)