HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Summer of Sweat


I can't take it anymore. Maybe I'm just a baby but this heat is starting to drive me insane (assuming you didn't think I was already insane). It's rather depressing to turn on the TV at 6:30am while stretching and see the temperature already at 85 degrees. And then to walk outside and get knocked down by the humidity - let's just say it's brutal. I live in Chicago. The Midwest. Sure, we have hot summers, but nothing like this.

About 6 or 7 years ago I worked for a consultanting company. Two of our clients were located in Dallas and Orlando. I remember the horrendous feeling walking out of those airports, as the heat and humidity would envelope you and almost instantly you would feel sick to your stomach, have difficulty breathing, and long for air conditioning. Well, that's what Chicago has felt like this summer. And while it might not be due exclusively to global warming, it's alarming that it's taken 6 or 7 years to travel from Florida/Texas to the Midwest*.

So in honor of this most craptastic summer I am officially calling this the summer of sweat. For I can't even walk to the L without being covered in sweat (sure it's 1/2 mile but still). I can't walk into my office without breaking a sweat. I can't do anything without air conditioning without sweating and feeling gross.

*In my 30+ years living in the Midwest I have never experienced a summer with the severity nor longevity of the heat and humidity this year.

Tags: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been downright chilly here this week. Hail the Pacific Northwest!

8/03/2006 12:43:00 AM  
Blogger Tom G said...

I'm contemplating buying a shack in the Pacific Northwest. It's about time I got around to writing my manifesto.

8/03/2006 01:49:00 PM  
Blogger Stealth said...

tom, ya know I love ya...but it's sooo hot here in texas

8/03/2006 04:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)