HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Quote of the Week

Prior's Cooperstown plaque?

I couldn't even make these up if I tried. Cubs pitcher Mark Prior on Monday after giving up 6 runs in 5 innings.


"I threw the ball good tonight and did exactly what I wanted to do -- make them
hit it to the big part of the ballpark," Prior said. "They popped it up, and
unfortunately, the wind was howling out tonight and you can't do much about it."


Guess it isn't the fact that Prior sucks. It was the wind's fault for Prior giving up so many runs. It's hard to continue rooting for this team when no one is never at fault and every problem is caused by things outside of their control. Silly me, if I gave up 6 runs in 5 innings, I may actually blame myself for sucking. I sure as hell wouldn't blame Mother Nature. And I wouldn't say I did exactly what I wanted to do, unless I actually wanted to suck and pitch awful. Then again, I would be proud of myself if I pitched 5 innings in the major leagues regardless of the outcome.

Tags: * * * * * * * * * * * *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)