HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Random Thoughts

I'm amazed how "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC unexpectedly became one of the most identifiable classic rock songs of all-time. Sure, it was a hit in its day but no more than "Money Talks". I understand it took on a second life, blarring through loudspeakers throughout sporting venues. Yet this seemed to come out of nowhere. I mean, the song was a hit in the late 80s/early 90s, was dormant for years, then became a staple at sporting events. It's amazing to me how this song was resurrected. How did this happen? And how do I get it to happen for "Youth Gone Wild" by Skid Row?

How did the Olson twins become so popular and rich? It surely wasn't their acting. Even from a kid's perspective, they were awful. In fact, their characters on "Full House" were more robotic than Vicki from "Small Wonder". I'm confused.

Why do overweight and gross people feel the need to show skin? As a disclaimer, I'm not the thinnest guy around (though I'm working on it). But I also don't show off my gut by wearing tight shirts. This trend appears to be growing and I'm not a fan of it. I see it all the time in the workplace even and it makes me get sick and be less productive at work.

How does a movie like "Little Man" get made? And who are the people that pay money to watch these movies? I hope it's some bet between a handful of studio execs to see who can greenlight the worst movie idea yet still make money. That might explain Rob Schneider's career or all the Ernest movies. BTW, when will they make a money starring those hilarious frogs from the Budweiser commercials?

Tags: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)