HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Pure Sparklehorse

I broke down and bought some CDs off of Amazon yesterday: Pure's Generation Six Pack and Sparklehorese's Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot. I normally don't buy CDs without hearing them, but I'll make an exception in this case since Pure's "Anna" and Sparklehorse's "Some Day I will treat you good" are so darn catchy.


At any rate, those two songs will bring me back to the good old college days when I saw their respective videos on 120 minutes along with the likes of the Dandy Wharhols. I believe Adam Curry was still the VJ and his hair was on a mission to engulf him. No wait, it was music troll Matt Pinfield. What was up with that guy anyways? He could name all these crappy bands, but didn't know anything when it came to respectable bands. Last I heard he works at a car wash where he throws peanuts at strangers while wearing a wife beater. I also heard another rumor that he recently moved back home with his mom and his CD collection takes up most of the second floor.

I don't know why I am so reluctant to buy CDs. I guess all my money went to support perpetual drunkdom in college. In attempt to relive my youth, I bought these 2 albums. Does anyone know how good they are? I'm expecting Generation 6 pack to rock and Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot to be a twisted mismatch of crazyiness. I'll let you know what the story is when I get them.


At any rate, at least the covers look interesting. The clown on the cover of Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot is bound to haunt my dreams tonight.

Tags:
* * * * * * * *
* * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *
*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)