HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Graduate School is Hell

I don't usually share too many personal details with our readers. Lets just say I like to entertain more so than open up to people I don't know. I've been going through hell lately. Pure hell! For those in the unknown, I've been working part time on a Masters in Computer Engineering for the past 4 years. It's painful. The last thing I want to do after working all day is work more. These classes are anything but easy. Maybe that is why I am one of only 2 Americans taking them at my school. Some people think I'm smart for perusing this degree, I like to think I'm stupid for torturing myself. Some day I will look back on this and think, "Damnit, that sucked!"

The good news is that I'll be soon done with the big Master's Engineering project. Also I will only have one more class to complete until I get that nice shiny piece of paper. Unfortunately I am going insane. No fun and no beer makes Mike crazy. I have not done anything all summer because of this thing. It's becoming the demanding bitch that never stops. This project has consumed me, it is literally eating away at my soul. Maybe I should get some sleep.

Tags:
* * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom G said...

Nothing beats working after spending an entire day working.

Is your school project available on the Web like that MSU project I found 5+ years ago? If not, you'll have to write about it when you have more time and allow some time for reflection.

7/26/2006 02:07:00 PM  
Blogger Mike K said...

I might actually patent the little f*ckr so I am not sure if I will write about it here. It's not a million dollar product or anything, but it could be worth100K. The problem is marketing it and finding a buyer. The patent process itself cost about 10K. God knows I could use the money, the wife is going back to Graduate School full time this fall.

7/26/2006 06:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)