HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Smash Your Head on Punk Rock

There are 2 new punk rock DVDs I thought I would mention. The first, released today, is a documentary about the band that could have been your life. That's right, I'm talking about The Minutemen. It's tragic that the world lost D Boon and in the process a lot of good music. But at least The Minutemen were able to leave with us a ton of great songs. I highly recommend "Double Nickels On The Dime" for anything interested in checking them out. And I'm very excited to watch the documentary "We Jam Econo", as The Minutemen are definitely one of my favorite punk rock bands.

On Aug 1st, another DVD of The Clash will be released. Now, The Clash are probably my 2nd favorite punk rock band (depends if you count The Stooges as punk, which I do). So even though this DVD sounds just OK, it's always good when The Clash is back in the news. And I'm pretty certain I'll buy it. I do highly recommend "Westway To The World", a great documentary on The Clash. And the book "The Clash: Return of the Last Gang in Town" will provide you with more information that you would ever want to know about The Clash. Here's a description of the DVD from Pitchfork:

Rude Boy is the fictional story of "a disillusioned sex shop worker who
quits his job to roadie for the Clash in 1978," and its original 1980 release
was greeted with lukewarm reviews. But since it's on DVD, now you can just skip
to the concert footage and forget that those pesky little "story" parts ever
existed. And speaking of concert footage, all of the Rude Boy footage was shot
on the "Clash on Patrol" and "Sort It Out" UK tours.

Tags: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)