HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Monday, June 12, 2006

Mama's Family Missing a Father


In the interest of being fair and balanced, I must express my disgust with Mama's Family. For the decline of civilization as we know it started with this show. If you'll notice, Mama was missing a Papa. I never watched the show enough to figure out what happened to Papa, but what kind of statement was this show making? They were telling us it was ok for a single woman to raise their children in our society. For sure, this is not what God wanted. And to spite God even more, Mama allowed her gay grandchild Bubba to live in the house of sin.

I guess it just shows what happens when you open the gates a little - suddenly there's nothing to keep back the floods. And before you know it, gay people are demanding equal rights. Don't they know they should just remain in the closet. So I blame Vicki Lawrence for subjecting us to the awful TV show Mama's Family. But I also must begrudgingly applaud her for showing us that a single mother could bring up a family in the tough Reagan years.

Tags: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"For sure, this is not what God wanted. And to spite God even more, Mama allowed her gay grandchild Bubba to live in the house of sin.

I guess it just shows what happens when you open the gates a little - suddenly there's nothing to keep back the floods."

I couldn't agree more, and I know what you mean (coyly) by 'gates' (the Mexican border). On my way to church this past Sunday evening with my school-teacher daughter and several others of my little brood we saw a mass of people going in to spend their evening listening to worldly music instead at some sort of 'club' (as my school-teacher daughter called it) instead of going to their respective churches. It makes it so hard on a mother trying to raise her loved ones properly to have them see that the city itself is a party to this desecration of the Sabbath.

My school-teacher daughter later informed me that this was a common practice amongst the so-called Latinos. I confess that it gave me some relief to see that our good Americans do not participate in a program of that sort on the Lord's day, yet it is not right that foreigners should be allowed to desecrate the Sabbath.

Indeed, the 'flood gates' as you call them, should be closed.

AN AMERICAN MOTHER

6/12/2006 10:41:00 PM  
Blogger Budd said...

What ever happened to Vincents kids Buzz and whats her name. I am using the internet right now, but am too lazy to look it up. I think they sold them into slavery. We should look for dream interpreting prisoners in the middle east.

6/12/2006 11:33:00 PM  
Blogger Tom G said...

I have to admit my memory of Mama's Family has been buried deep down in my subconscious. I'm sure there was some episode where Vincent's kids returned home. And I bet it was awesome.

BTW, American Mother seems to appreciate sarcasm.

6/13/2006 09:48:00 AM  
Blogger Stealth said...

American Mother, you confuse me. Are you kidding, or being serious...just lay it out there for us, please.....oh please...

and yes, the bathroom in mama's family rings a bell - a loud one at that...

6/13/2006 08:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)