HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Dear A-Team

I love it when a plan comes together

Dear A-Team,

I have a problem that no one else can help which is why I am trying to find you. For I know if I can find you, it's possible I could hire you. I would definitely like to hire you. From the news reports I watched as a child on NBC and in syndication, it appears that money is not the primary factor in deciding whom to help. I hope this is true, as my finances are limited. However, my cause is just and I believe right up your alley.

There is a war being waged in this Middle Eastern country called Iraq. Back some time ago, our country supported Iraq and their vicious leader Saddam Hussein as they fought the more evil Iranians. But things changed. And in the early 90s, we fought back against our former friend of convenience after he double crossed us and invaded his neighbor Kuwait. We ended that war by keeping Saddam in power, which I'm not sure if that was a good or bad thing. It's just a fact. We did sanction his country's ass for many many years. This severely cause suffering amongst the Iraqi people, which is not what we intended or even our fault. But it was a consequence. On the positive side, it did seem to severely cripple their armed forces and prevented upkeep yet alone expansion of plans for biological and nuclear weapons. Again, I'm not making a judgement, I'm just laying out the facts for you.

Now we all know what happened on 9/11. And the US rightfully attacked Afghanistan and the Taliban for harboring and even working with Al Quaeda. But somewhere along the way, people high up in the US government were not satisfied. Maybe it was the speed of the offensive or the lack of new targets to blow up in Afghanista. Whatever the reason, the US decided to invade Iraq. And the American people were given numerous reasons. There was supposedly a link between Saddam and Al Quaeda. Iraq supposedly had nuclear or at least biological weapons. When no weapons turned up, they were getting close to having the capabilities to create said weapons. Then we were fighting the terrorists over in Iraq so we did not have to fight them in the US. And all along we were trying to bring democracy to the Iraqi people.

Whatever one believes about the reasons for invading Iraq, I believe most objective people would agree they would like to see the American troops come home as soon as possible but with a free and democratic Iraqi society with a government that is able to function on its own. That's at least where I stand. But the American troops, God bless them, are fighting a difficult battle that doesn't appear to be getting any better. And I understand - it's difficult to fight against a bunch of people who look exactly like the people you're trying to protect. This is where you guys come in.

Given your experience in Vietnam and throughout the US, I believe you could help wrap up this war in Iraq. I should also add, with a minimal number of casualties. For rarely did you guys ever need to kill anyone to complete your missions. You may be the only hope for America, so I am begging for you to go to Iraq and bring this war to a close. I assume you will need to spring Murdoch from the mental hospital and will need to trick BA into being sedated for the flight over to Iraq. I am willing to help with that. Also, feel free to bring along Frankie Santana. While he didn't serve with you in Vietnam, he was a nice addition as the news stories started to lose viewers. I have already sent a replica of the A-Team van over to Iraq - it will be waiting in the Green Zone when you arrive. I also suggest contacting Rambo, MacGuyver, Chuck Norris, and Superman. Not that I don't believe you could complete this mission yourselves; rather, I think it might take days rather than weeks if you included those guys.

Please respond to me with your decision, which I will patiently wait for. I love it when a plan comes together.

Your Friend,

Tom

Tags: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

18 Comments:

Blogger Stealth said...

Good God Ya'll! Thomas- I had no earthly idea you were friends with these people!!

I feel so...starry eyed knowing someone who knows the ATeam, Chuck Norris, Superman, Ghosts of past Presidents...

le sigh...maybe if they can't help bring our boys home they can star in seanman7. *grin*

-anie

6/25/2006 01:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What annoys me about all this Iraq war crap is the frivolity with which the suggestiuoun is made that Bush et al lied about having intelligence suggesting their were WMD in Iraq. That is an extraordinary claim, which requires extraordinary evidence.
Saddam didn't have WMDs, but he sure as all hell acted like he did - playing games with the inspectors, refusing to let them see certain areas, moving shit around - these actions were apparently intended to intimidate the US into thinking they had WMDS. What an ass he was. If you think Bush consciously lied about WMDs, you might be right, But its a RADICAL claim. Sane people on eother side of the spectrum suspoect it is more an tragic issue of failed ingtelligence and poor assumptions - SIGNIFICANTLY given credence by Saddam;s curious behavior.. Why are you so quick to see blame in your own country and ignore the asshole actions of Saddam that brought this about? I'd like to see you spout your poo in a bar full of drunk Marines, ya damn armchair radical.

6/25/2006 07:39:00 PM  
Blogger billie said...

gee tom- how come you get folks on your blog who won't print their name?

6/25/2006 08:18:00 PM  
Blogger Budd said...

Sorry the A-Team are unavailable. Mr. T has cancer and he had the van.

You may want to try the aliens from V, I hear they are free.

6/25/2006 08:58:00 PM  
Blogger Stealth said...

TOM!!! Your crazy ass posters - they are anonymous....PEOPLE...I have a service announcement to make..TOM IS BEING HUMOROUS!!!

LAUGH...it will make you float to the ceiling like in Mary Poppins, I swear!!

stop the madness!! I LOVE TOM...I AM GOING TO WRITE HIS NAME ON MY ASS IN PERMANENT MARKER TONIGHT!!!!

WOOO HOOO TOM!!!

6/25/2006 11:31:00 PM  
Blogger Tom G said...

Settle down folks, this was meant to be humorous. I actually thought I did a very good job at tempering my politics here. At no point did I accuse Bush of lying or anything at all. I was just trying to brief the A-Team on the history of the struggle in Iraq. And there's no disputing that different rationales were used for the war. But my point was to give the A-Team this as background so they knew the history and could come up with a plan. I'm getting rather sick of having to defend statements I never made and it's only the kindness of my heart that keeps me responding. I also love the implied threat here about screaming fire in a crowded building (taking the place of screaming something I never said in a room full of Marines).

I would suggest to lay off the FoxNews Kool-Aid and try to enjoy life and laugh a little. It must be very difficult to go through life being so bitter and angry.

BTW, George Peppard (Col Hannibal Smith) was buried in the same cemetary as my relatives for about a month until he was moved to a better cemetary. It's a useless fact but one I will carry with me to my grave that will unfortunately not be the same one as Mr George Peppard.

6/26/2006 09:53:00 AM  
Blogger Mike K said...

I think anonymous is a bit misguided. It is not radical to question the actions of our leaders. It is our duty as American citizens.

We have stated numerous times that we support our troops and that we are proud of them. We have also stated that Saddam was an asshole. We are even proud to be citizens of this fine and wonderful country.

The point I disagree with you on is the need for the Iraq war. I wanted to see Osama bin Laden brought to justice. After all it was his followers who attacked us on 9/11. Saddam could have been dealt with at a later date. At the time he was not a threat.

6/26/2006 11:51:00 AM  
Blogger billie said...

know what i find amusing? comments on another blog i was visiting stated that folks on the left take themselves too seriously and don't know how to relax and laugh at themselves. hmmm... now i am confused.

6/26/2006 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Mike K said...

Wow. I always make fun of myself, but usually because I'm such a clumsy idiot with a taste for good beer. But we have made jokes about the Democrats every now and then. The problem is that the Republicans provide too much material and we might be slightly biased. LOL. Needless to say thecrapspot.blogspot.com is not going to be a 100% credible news source.

6/26/2006 02:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Tom genuinely tries to be even handed and I think he's a giid guy and all. However, one is either going to agree or disagree with what he says (disagreememnts are alwyas more interesting). Now, if one is to disgaree, perjhasp even passionately, the only way to keep it friendly is to use a liberal (OOPS - the 'L' word) sprinklings of ameliorating winking smileys and humourous touches here and there to lighten the tone, which I always do (eg. ''bar full of marines? armchair radical? Come on - you take lines like that at face value?). You wanr a blog that every just posts back 'yup'? Hell no. I should think you'd want more people like me reading your blog, and complaiinng (good naryredly, I think). Melanaise is a sweet gal, but she agree with everything you say - where's the fun in that?

Oh and don't worry - I'll login in one-o-these-days - I'm just lazy. Tho I also feel as thoiugh I konda own the moniker 'anonymous'. Whats in a name, any way, Willy Shakes once penned...

6/27/2006 12:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS-

RELAX - giid = good

6/27/2006 12:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOPS -
good naryredly = good NATUREDLY

(So, is it a Life IS CRap record length thread yet?)

6/27/2006 12:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toms said:
"It must be very difficult to go through life being so bitter and angry." <-- Isn't this precisely the sort of 'mean talk' you purport to loathe?

I thought only evil right wingers called people they disagreed with (like Senator - oops - I mean Dr. Dean)?

For the record, I'm not bitter, I'm just angry.

<:) <----- Funny hat wearing ameliorating open eyed smiley

But seriously Tommy Boy - admit it - you're just a bit of a hypocrite, aint ya? Just a wee bit mind ya. Your posts and mine are not all that different - different POV but often with as much vinegar as honey.

Here - I'll thro in a beret wearing, goateed winking smiley - sort of a hipster/beatnik kinda smiley:

{;)>

6/27/2006 01:07:00 AM  
Blogger Tom G said...

I obviously don't mind different viewpoints and opinions but the next time you respond to one of my questions will be the first. A discussion involves two people exchanging ideas/opinions/facts, not one person defending their POV. Until then, it's just me responding to what you assume I meant. I just think it's funny that there's so much fire about a post that was meant to have very little if any political undertones.

Feel free to continue posting as anonymous - it bothers me much less than others. I do feel bad for anyone else who posts anonymously since everyone will just assume it's you.

6/27/2006 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger Stealth said...

WTF??? is no one else impressed that Tom totally knows the A-Team?

I know I am. I have read each post by you two smile inducing men, and always leave here laughing.

I can tell that you are both middle of the road, and have picked a side to call yourself.

It's what everyone does. And no one ever told me how the Life is Crap party went.

6/27/2006 07:42:00 PM  
Blogger Tom G said...

The Life is Crap party was great. The best part was when my friend Pawel showed up for 5 minutes. I hadn't seen him in months and after 5 minutes he got called away to help his girlfriend's family move a couch.

I did end up drinking a beer for everyone of our readers.

6/27/2006 08:29:00 PM  
Blogger Mike K said...

Wow. So you drank one beer for every one of our readers? That's like 6 beers if you include us!!! LOL.

6/27/2006 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Stealth said...

wow, I hope one was for me...and according to my outgoing links, you have aLOT of readers...

Tom you musta passed out!!

6/28/2006 11:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)