HOME
NEXT PAGE
ARCHIVES
SUBSCRIBE

Sunday, February 26, 2006

There Was Nothing Super About Supertramp


Sure, they had some minor hits in the '70s, but I think it was a stretch for them to use super in their band name. I guess "Give a Little Bit" is an ok song. I mean, I'm not positive I'd turn the station if it came on the radio. But at no point in my life have I ever thought, "You know what I want to hear right now? Some Supertramp." So starting right now I will only refer to them as The Tramp. Then again, this may be the first time I've mentioned The Tramp ever - so we'll see.

With further investigation we might discover that The Tramp really were super, just not musically. Take the picture above. The guy on the left may just happen to be the greatest pool shark the world has ever seen - who else would carry a pool cue around with them (maybe someone from a band with the adjective super in it?). Or is that a baseball bat? I'd like to think they were a mediocre softball team that formed a band so they could beat up on REO Speedwagon and Bad Company in the rock n' roll softball league. And the guy in the middle may be the quickest draw in the whole wild west. Or at least an effective sheriff who kept the gun fightin' to a minimum. The guy on the right might be a world class runner.

So until there's further evidence, I conclude that The Tramp was definitely not super.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main

Life is Crap: A blog covering: humor, news, politics, music, movies, tv, sports, and other things.
Questions? Comments? Death Threats? Suggestions? Contact us: thecrapspot@yahoo.com
(Home) (Archives) (Next page) (Subscribe to Life is Crap)